The chatbot is an Artificial Intelligence based computer program which is developed to use an aspecific algorithm along with the programming script for the sake of user’s convenience to perform a particular task even without the involvement of any human factor. Chatbots are developed using Artificial Intelligence-based techniques and are hence ultimately efficient in solving extremely complicated tasks online. With the technological advancements and continuous spread of online messaging based services including Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Skype etc, virtual chatbots are continuously in trend for solving several tasks utilizing Artificial Intelligence-based online technologies and are therefore in huge demand since development. Working as an assistant and a virtual companion integrated into the websites, applications and instant messengers, chatbots frequently communicate via text messages and thereby helping the business entrepreneurs in getting much closer to their customers online using the automated system of communication. Chatbots are often required by the business entrepreneurs owing to their tremendous speed of processing up to the user’s request and thereby gaining the customer’s trust. Frequent processing up of the user’s queries via instant messengers also benefits the users by saving their time and responding promptly utilizing the Artificial Intelligence-based techniques.
Chatbot Development :
Chatbot development procedures involve the use of extremely complicated backend tools utilizing the concepts of data mining, machine learning as well as natural language processing. Chatbot engines have been frequently developed by several companies having a very intuitive graphical user interface which makes it easy for the engines to initiate the basic chatbot functionalities. To be more specific about the chatbot development, it’s architecture consist of bot engine, backend applications, and the chat platforms. The supporting interface allows the developers as well as the business entrepreneurs to efficiently create the bots without any coding issues. Having a sole dependency on the chatbot environment upon Artificial Intelligence, the platform yet offers a user-friendly interface with all the essential and advanced settings for customization and personalization.
The following list of steps are considered helpful for the development of chatbot :-
1. Opportunity identification for an Artificial Intelligence-based chatbot :
Proper understanding up of the opportunities involved in the development of an Artificial Intelligence-based chatbot is essential before building up of a chatbot. Companies now-a-days better think of the best opportunities and technologies to apply for the development of such chatbots using the solutions associated with the AI-based techniques. Any particular type of work activity can be considered under the the AI based Work Complexity and Data Complexity criteria which ultimately results in the following four primary types of activity models:-
2. Understanding up of the customer goals :
This step involves the client’s mentality behind the development of the chatbots. Proper investigation of this query by the designer keeping in view the motive of the customers for the development of this chatbot will help the designer better to develop a well designed chatbot environment to carry out specific tasks.
3. Designing up of the chatbot conversation :
Designing up the chatbot conversation by the concerned designer involves several structured and the unstructured conversations. Structured conversations are meant to deliver the logical flow involving menus, choices and several forms into the account, however, the unstructured conversation involves the plain text with freestyle designing. All the conversation with family and friends falls into this specific type of category.
4. Chatbot development using various frameworks or the development platforms :
Several bigger companies involving heavy customer interactions uses Chatfuel, API.ai and Motion.ai as the development or the non-coding platform owing to their better functionalities and enhanced user interaction based features. Better selection of such platforms ultimately results in a better development of the user friendly chatbot environment.
Powerful platforms to build Chatbots :
The following important platforms can be considered as the most powerful resources to build strong chatbot with enhanced functionalities:-
- Chatfuel: Several features such as sharing the updates to the followers as well as adding up to the content cards are proudly involved under this environment. It further includes the features such as jointly combining up of the information inside the messenger chat with forms and providing a facility to the users to request for any concerned information and interact with the bot via buttons.
- Botsify: Drag and drop templates are used inside this environment for the creation up of bots. Several other features including smart AI, machine learning as well as the easiest integrations via multiply available plugins are also included under the environment.
- Bottr: Bots can be embedded on the websites using the features provided with this environment. Data can also be added using several other content building and development resources such as Medium, WordPress, and the Wikipedia sites too for the best data coverage.
- Motion AI: This strong platform is used keeping in view several well renowned messaging platforms including the Facebook messenger, Slack, Smooch or even for our own websites for visually building, training and deployment up of the chatbots on these environments. Entire conversational flows can be drawn with the help of flowcharts for effective understanding and getting a visual review of the complete outcomes of the bot query with ease.
- Beep Bop: A focus on building up the well enhanced and great bots is provided following the end-to-end developer experience made available by this platform. It even provides the best and easiest ways of creating the Slack bots.
- Flow XO: Flow XO is a single chatbot platform to provide more than 100 integrations. An easy to use visual editor and several pre-built templates for a quick start is also comfortably provided by this great platform.
- QnA Maker: QnA bot is an environment developed by the Microsoft Corporation for proudly sharing up of the URL of the FAQ page. Following the similar action, the bot will soon be effectively created by accessing the list of information available on the FAQ page and the structured data.
- Botkit: This chatbot development environment includes a list of several useful tools such as Botkit studio, a core library, boilerplate app starter kits as well as several useful plugins too for better expanding of the bot capabilities.